Cnl8 1 kit (3 bottles) of Cnl8 8% topical solution
Cnl8 1 kit is part of the Hydroxypyridone Antifungals class and treats Nail Fungus.
ConnectiCare considers CNL8, Jublia and Kerydin medically necessary for patients who meet all of the following criteria:
• The medication must be prescribed by a Dermatologist or Podiatrist
• Patient has a diagnosis of onychomycosis
• Patient has had a treatment failure of, or intolerance to, a 3-month course of treatment
with oral Lamisil (terbinafine)
• Patient has had a treatment failure of, or intolerance to, Penlac (ciclopirox)
• Patient is immunocompromised and/or diabetic Physician documented contraindications to terbinafine include:
• Abnormal liver function tests
• Creatinine clearance ≤ 50 ml/min
• History of hepatitis or another active liver disease
Initial and Renewal Evaluation
1. Does the patient have a diagnosis of onychomycosis AND one of the following conditions?
a. Diabetes mellitus
b. Peripheral vascular insufficiency
c. Immune deficiency due to medical condition or treatment (e.g. cancer chemotherapy,
HIV/AIDS, anti-rejection therapy post organ transplant)
d. Pain limiting normal activity
e. Secondary bacterial infection in the surrounding skin or systemic dermatosis with impaired skin integrity If yes, continue to 2. If no, deny.