glucophage 850 mg Oral Tablet
glucophage 850 mg Management of type 2 diabetes mellitus; may be used with diet, insulin, or sulfonylurea oral hypoglycemics.
Decreases hepatic glucose production. Decreases intestinal glucose absorption. Increases sensitivity to insulin. Therapeutic Effects:Maintenance of blood glucose.
Absorption: 50– 60% absorbed after oral administration.
Distribution: Enters breast milk in concentrations similar to plasma.
Metabolism and Excretion: Eliminated almost entirely unchanged by the kidneys.
• If you smoke, try to stop
• Take regular exercise
• Drink as little alcohol as possible
• Look after your feet. Ask about this at the surgery or hospital
• Carry a card, bracelet or disk saying you are diabetic
• Visit your diabetic clinic regularly.
Contraindicated in: Hypersensitivity; Metabolic acidosis; Dehydration, sepsis, hypoxemia, hepatic impairment, excessive alcohol use (acute or chronic); Renal dysfunction (SCr 1.5 mg/dL in men or 1.4 mg/dL in women); Radiographic studies requiring IV iodinated contrast media (withhold metformin); HF.