HOW TO USE YOUR LANTUS SOLOSTAR PEN
A STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO m YOUR LANTUS SOLOSTAR PEN
This quick reference guide is a short version of the instruction leaflet. It is designed to help make it easier to learn the steps.
Reading this guide will help to make sure that you inject the right amount of insulin LANTUS SOLOSTAR PEN every time. Otherwise you may get too little or too much insulin, and that can affect your blood sugar levels. These instructions are supplied as a guide only. Read the full instruction leaflet accompanying this pen before you use Lantus SoloSTAR. for the first time. To help ensure an accurate dose each time, follow all steps in the leaflet.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR PEN AND ITS PARTS
The Lantus SoloSTAR pen was designed with a simple-to-push injection button and large dosing window
Important Safety Information for Lantus
SoloSTAR Lantus SoloSTAR
is a disposable prefilled insulin pen. To help ensure an accurate dose each time, patients should follow all
steps in the Instruction Leaflet accompanying the pen: otherwise they may not get the correct amount of insulin, which may
affect their blood glucose
CHOOSING AN INJECTION SITE
The three possible injection sites are:
your abdomen, your thighs, and your upper arms. These areas have more fat and fewer nerve endings. You may feel less discomfort in these areas.
• Each time you inject, use a different site within these three areas, because repeatedly injecting in the same spot can cause discomfort.
INJECTION AREAS TO AVOID
When injecting in these three areas:
• Avoid the two–inch circle around the navel.
• Avoid injecting too close to the bony area above the knee.
• Avoid the forearm and only use the outer back area of the upper arm
where there is fatty tissue.
• Always rotate your injection sites as instructed by
• Never force the needle; this can hurt and may damage it.
Too much force can also affect how much insulin you get.
• Never inject into the muscle.
• Never rub the injection spot after an injection.