Restoril emazepam 30 mg capsules
Restoril emazepam 30 mg is a benzodiazepine (ben-zoe-dye-AZE-eh-peen). Temazepam affects chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced in people with sleep problems (insomnia)..
Before taking this medicine
You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to temazepam or to other benzodiazepines (alprazolam, Xanax, Valium, or others).
To make sure temazepam is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or other breathing disorder;
- kidney or liver disease;
- a history of depression or suicidal thoughts or behavior;
- a history of drug or alcohol addiction; or
- if you use a narcotic (opioid) medication.
Stop using temazepam and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- weak or shallow breathing;
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- confusion, slurred speech, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- hallucinations, agitation, aggression;
- thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- problems with urination; or
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).