sintrom 1 mg (acenocoumarol)
sintrom 1 mg is an anticoagulant medication that prevents blood clotting. The mechanism of action is based on blocking effects of vitamin K. Vitamin K is one of the coagulation factors and blocking vitamin K action, it prevents the formation of blood clots.
Sintrom cannot be used or can be used, only with great caution in the following conditions:
- Allergic to Sintrom or other similar medications. Allergy symptoms include:
- skin rash,
- swelling of the tongue, of the face, of the throat,
- difficulty breathing. An allergy can lead to anaphylactic shock, which can be fatal.
- you are at high risk for bleeding or you bleed easily. Sintrom cannot be used in patients with active hemorrhage (e.g. stomach ulcer).
- Liver damage. In these patients, there is an increased risk of bleeding.
- Hypertension (high blood pressure).
- you have a metabolic disorder (especially a metabolism of vitamin K).
- If you have diabetes.
- Day 1: Sintrom 4 mg to 12 mg
- Day 2: 4 mg to 8 mg
Avoid foods that are rich in vitamin K, such as:
- light green vegetables.