Introduction Tenuate retard :
Tenuate retard is available for oral administration in immediate-release tablets containing 25 mg. Diethylpropion hydrochloride and in controlled-release tablets containing 75 mg diethylpropion hydrochloride.
The inactive ingredients in each immediate-release tablet are: corn starch, lactose, magnesium stearate, pregelatinized corn starch, talc, and tartaric acid.
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Severe hypertension.
- Symptoms or history of cardiovascular or cerebrovascular disease.
- Symptoms or history of psychiatric disorders, including anorexia nervosa.
- Propensity to drug abuse, proven alcoholism.
- Children under 12 years old.
Dosage and method of administration:
It is recommended that treatment be conducted under the supervision of a physician experienced in the treatment of obesity.
Before any prescription of this drug, the diagnosis must have allowed to exclude secondary organic causes of obesity.