Zonegran 50 mg capsule (zonisamide)
Zonegran 50 mg capsule (zonisamide) is a moderately priced drug used to control partial seizures in adults with epilepsy. This drug is less popular than comparable drugs. It is available in brand and generic versions.
Contact your doctor right away if you :
• seizures worsen
• develop signs of kidney stones (sudden back pain, abdominal pain, blood in your urine)
• develop signs of a blood problem (fever, sore throat, sores in your mouth, or bruising easily)
• get depressed
• start having thoughts that are unusual for you
•are very drowsy, have difficulty concentrating, or have coordination problems
• have speech or language problems
the following symptoms, call your doctor right away:
• Rash (may be a sign of a dangerous condition)
• Fever, sore throat, sores in your mouth, or bruising easily (may be signs of a blood problem)
• Sudden back pain, abdominal (stomach area) pain, pain when urinating, bloody or
dark urine (may be signs of a kidney stone)
• Decreased sweating or a rise in body temperature (especially in patients under 17
• Sample size
Sample size was based on the proportion of responders during the assessment phase in the primary efficacy analysis population.
An unequal randomisation (2:1:1:2) was used because the primary analysis of interest was the comparison of the zonisamide 500 mg/day group with placebo
• Blinding (masking)
Blinding was achieved by using a double dummy technique.